What is the AFA Mint Condition Promise?
The AFA Mint Condition Promise ensures that you as a collector receive the best possible product in the best possible condition.
- We guarantee that in-stock action figure and toy packaging is rated C-8 and above, unless otherwise noted in a product's name or description.
- Many stores unpack factory-sealed cases of action figures and put them directly on a rack without regard for bent cards or crushed packaging bubbles. AFA inspects each item we ship. If there is any defect, we won't ship it to you. If the shipping company damages a product, we will replace it.
- We guarantee that the product you receive has no price stickers, security stamps, Many retail stores put price tags or security stickers on toys and action figures. This reduces the potential collectible value. AFA never affixes price stickers or security stamps, or punches holes in products.
- We guarantee we do not remove rare items or variations from the products we ship to you. We ship you the exact product the manufacturer sends to us. We never do anything to your collectible to reduce its aftermarket value.
- We guarantee to sell you original product. All of the items we sell are officially licensed (if necessary) and come in original packaging.
This guarantee is subject to the rest of the terms listed in this section.
Why is C-10 Mint Condition nearly impossible to find?
To understand why most action figures and toys are not in C-10 condition, you need to know where toys come from and how they get to your door.
Most action figures and toys are made in China. Unlike electronics, computers, or any other consumer appliance, toys are mass produced, packaged, and placed in cardboard boxes (a.k.a. "cases") without additional padding or foam. Why? Because toys are meant to be opened and played with by children! They are not designed for collectors to keep.
Toys are thrown on a ship in China, are tossed onto trucks, and arrive at a manufacturer's domestic warehouse. They are then sorted and pitched onto new trucks that deliver them to our warehouse. It is only at our warehouse that we inspect each and every toy for its condition. No other party along the delivery route really cares about the condition of these products. Again, toys are meant to be opened and played with by children!
This example is important because when you receive a product from us, it may indeed have a small scratch or dent on the window box, or a slight crease in the cardboard. This is perfectly normal and usually indicates that the entire batch-- thousands of units-- is in exactly the same condition, or worse. In this situation, you may receive an item in C-8 condition, but we guarantee that it is the best condition available anywhere.
What about the condition of pre-orders?
Because we accept orders for items well in advance of their release, we cannot know the condition in which they will they will arrive. If the condition is lower than C-8 when an item gets here, we will post that condition on our website. You can also call or e-mail us about the condition of any item. We do promise, however, that the item we send to you, unless otherwise noted, will be in the best condition possible. We will absolutely choose the best pieces from our inventory to send to you.
How can AFA offer a Mint Condition Promise?
Our quality control and shipping experts inspect each and every action figure and toy we sell to you. When they find a product in not-mint condition (C-7 or worse), they return that product to our merchandising department, who removes it from inventory. Our merchandising department then determines if it can be resold in not-mint condition. If it can, the price is reduced and it is offered for sale as a clearly labeled not-mint item.
What if I receive a mint product in not-mint condition?
If a product reaches you in not-mint condition (below C-8), we will determine if the shipping carrier affected the condition of your item. Either way, after receiving the damaged item back from you, we will replace it (if the item is still available). If we do not have any additional units available for replacement, the only remedy is to offer you a refund. Please see our Return Policy for more information.
When does the Mint Condition Guarantee not apply?
Our Mint Condition Guarantee does not apply to items specifically labeled "not mint" in the name of the product, the item number, or the product description. It also does not apply to affiliates, affiliate stores, retail partners, wholesale customers, or retail customers who receive discounted pricing. It usually does not apply to gift items and apparel, where Mint Condition is simply unnecessary. Damaged cases with clear courier damage will be claimed with the courier and replaced, if possible. Sales are final to affiliates, affiliate stores, retail partners, and wholesale customers.